AUDIENCE: Entrepreneurship instructors, entrepreneurial ecosystem administrators, economic development managers, VET teachers,
secondary and higher education faculty, mentors, supervisors,project coordinators, trainers and counselors
VENUE: Barcelona, Spain
This course identifies the competences and skills that make someone entrepreneurial, so that these can be promoted in organisations, companies,
the education sector and among citizens, as well as toward success in entrepreneurship. The training focuses on developing capacities to act upon
opportunities and ideas, and transform them into financial, cultural, or social value for others. Focuses on mindset and on developing skills within
the EntreComp framework.
Objectives of the Course and Learning Outcomes:
• Overview of technology and the changing workforce responsive to Industry 4.0 and its impacts on society
• Overview of changes in the Nature of Work as a result of the 2008 financial crisis, including informal work situations such as the Platform,
Sharing, Gig, Peer-to-Peer, On-Demand Economies, and the “deskless” workforce as well as entrepreneurship
• Acquiring competences that allow educators and instructors to facilitate students acquiring 21st Century skills and those required of
the 21st Century workforce
• Acquiring competences to mentor students in developing a growth mindset
• Managing small group learning tasks
• Joining a community of practitioners committed to embedding entrepreneurship competences for life into education, communities, work and enterprise.-
- Information: A general introduction on each of the topics
- Sharing: Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic
- Creating output: Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be taken home and implemented in participant's
own organisation or school
Our courses, developed in the framework established by the Erasmus+ Programme, are crafted to include both formal and non-formal education
methodologies, beginning with a theoretical approach to the theme of the course. The course is designed as an interactive process with emphasis
on establishing a mentor relationship between participants and trainer. It follows two-way communication process including discussions, interactive
activities and working in groups and pairs to develop thinking techniques. The focus of this course is on being able to facilitate the learning process
of students interested in acquiring Knowledge Economy skills for enhanced employability and/or pursue entrepreneurship. The participants will also
receive a workbook with session’s summaries and descriptions of activities used, as well as membership in an international Community of Practice
to continue relationship-building and access additional resources beyond the coursework.
Our instructional design specialists are experts in adult learning, including non-formal learning strategies that stimulate an active interactive amongst
participants. In addition to presentations, case study analysis, role playing and small group dialogue, this course incorporates technical visits to local
private and public institutions for an exploration of theory in practice and special guest presentations from professionals that prompt an exchange of
good practices and an introduction to new ones.
Evaluation and Validation
Course participants will receive a Certificate of active participation upon successful completion of the coursework. The competences acquired will be
validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility and a certificate of attendance, which will include title of course, main training content
and dates. This training course will follow a Non Formal methodology in every domain, in order to promote optimal interaction between participants
and trainers as well as between participants themselves.
Duration: Coursework: 40 hours (5 days) Orientation: 8 hours (1 day) Certification: 8 hours (1 day)
Languages of Instruction: English, Portuguese
Special instructions: Includes technical visit to local players in the entrepreneurship ecosystem
Preliminary requirements: None
Dates and Location
On demand for groups of five or more participants and specified dates
Knowledge Building in Action
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE OR JOB SHADOWING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
Email us a note to info@KBinAction.com
Meet & Greet at the El Prat Airport and transfer from the airport to the accommodations
Guided mini tour of Barcelona, including introduction to the public transportation system.
Orientation to the coursework, including Introduction of the conceptual and methodological
knowledge and methods of the training. The detailed course content will be agreed upon
before each session according to the needs and requests of the participants.
- EntreComp Framework that proposes a shared definition of entrepreneurship as a competence;
- Overcoming fixed-mindset triggers to develop a growth mindset that allows a person to
take advantage of opportunities
- Experiential learning around real-world problems to acquire problem-solving skills
|Knowledge Economy Skills for the
21st Century Workforce
EntreComp and Mindset Skills
Knowledge Building in Action