AUDIENCE: Staff (administration, management, and programming) representing institutions from academia, the nonprofit sector and
enterprises wanting to host Erasmus+ actions
VENUE: Barcelona, Spain
The general objective of the HOST ERASMUS+ is to strengthen the staff capacities to act as organizers of programming required of a
hosting institution for Erasmus+ Program actions.
Objectives of the Course and Learning Outcomes:
• learn from the best practices of the Host institution using the job shadowing model for student mobility
• develop new skills in terms of creating hosting program for potential clients (including accommodation, placement training, language courses,
social, cultural and integration planning, tutoring, project assessment and final certification)
• acquire skills to create a successful Internship programs, Job shadowing training and Erasmus KA1 courses for VET teachers/staff of
educational institutions,students, as well for adult learners
• create a network of international partners and an on-going process of transnational experiences exchange
• learn about practical creation of trainings, internships and job shadowing programs, logistics, marketing and other daily activities
as employees in a Hosting Institution
- Information: A general introduction on each of the topics
- Sharing: Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic
- Creating output: Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be taken home and implemented in participant's
own organisation or school
Our courses, developed in the framework established by the Erasmus+ Programme, are crafted to include both formal and non-formal education
methodologies, beginning with a theoretical approach to the theme of the course. The course is designed as an interactive process with emphasis
on establishing a mentor relationship between participants and trainer. It follows two-way communication process including discussions, interactive
activities and working in groups and pairs to develop thinking techniques. The focus of this course is on becoming competent host organizations for
Erasmus+ and other transnational mobility programming. The participants will also receive a workbook with session’s summaries and descriptions
of activities used.
Our instructional design specialists are experts in adult learning, including non-formal learning strategies that stimulate an active interactive amongst
participants. In addition to presentations, case study analysis, role playing and small group dialogue, this course incorporates technical visits to local
private and public institutions for an exploration of theory in practice and special guest presentations from professionals that prompt an exchange of
good practices and an introduction to new ones.
Evaluation and Validation
Course participants will receive a Certificate of active participation upon successful completion of the coursework. The competences acquired will be
validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility and a certificate of attendance, which will include title of course, main training content
and dates. This training course will follow a Non Formal methodology in every domain, in order to promote optimal interaction between participants
and trainers as well as between participants themselves.
Duration: Coursework: 40 hours (5 days) Orientation: 8 hours (1 day) Certification: 8 hours (1 day)
Fees: 440€EUR per participant. The fee includes participation fee and tuition for the week-long course; Course Material and training manual for
implementation in classroom environments. Local transportation pass for use on metro/subway, trams and public buses. Before and after the course:
dossier with information material about Barcelona, with city guided tour and entrance to cultural activity venue. Certificate of Attendance with learning
outcomes and Europass.
The fee does not include travel to and from Spain, accommodations or meals.
Costs can be funded from Erasmus+ KA1 grants.
Languages of Instruction: English, Spanish, Portuguese
Special instructions: None
Preliminary requirements: None
Dates and Location
On demand for groups of five or more participants and specified dates
Knowledge Building in Action
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE OR JOB SHADOWING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
Email us a note to info@KBinAction.com or fill in the contact form below indicating this course as your preference.
Knowledge Building in Action
Meet & Greet at the El Prat Airport and transfer from the airport to the accommodations
Guided mini tour of Barcelona, including introduction to the public transportation system.
Orientation to the coursework, including Introduction of the conceptual and methodological
knowledge and methods of the training. The detailed course content will be agreed upon
before each session according to the needs and requests of the participants.
- Relationship-building to curate local internships, work experience projects and training
- Sampling of professional visits
- Workshop: understanding reporting requirements by funding agency and sponsors