AUDIENCE: Teacher training for instructors supporting young people in building social enterprises that address the societal challenges
VENUE: Barcelona, Spain
Social entrepreneurship relates to doing good in a sustainable manner. The idea that social entrepreneurs are fundamental to our society and our
ability to provide solutions to the myriad of social problems. Social entrepreneurship is important within a social context because these activities
generate a positive return to society. The difference between entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship stems from the purpose of a venture;
social entrepreneurs seek to transform societies at large rather than improving their profit margin, as classic entrepreneurs typically seek to do.
Objectives of the Course and Learning Outcomes:
• Explore using innovative research methods and work on co-creation processes with various target groups
• Delve into prevailing theories about social entrepreneurship and its context in society by examining case studies and group discussion
on designing, implementing and evaluation social entrepreneurship projects
• Develop skills to disseminate the culture of social entrepreneurship in students and support the implementation of projects
• Capacitate instructors with skills that reinforce self-awareness in their students as European citizens, improve communication and social skills,
promote intercultural awareness and Improve language skills
- Information: A general introduction on each of the topics
- Sharing: Participants share experiences and expertise on the topic
- Creating output: Working individually or in groups on a concrete product to be taken home and implemented in participant's
own organisation or school
Our courses, developed in the framework established by the Erasmus+ Programme, are crafted to include both formal and non-formal education
methodologies, beginning with a theoretical approach to the theme of the course. The course is designed as an interactive process with emphasis
on establishing a mentor relationship between participants and trainer. It follows two-way communication process including discussions, interactive
activities and working in groups and pairs to develop thinking techniques. The focus of this course is on promoting a culture of social entrepreneurship
among young people and those on the path of addressing needs through the development of programming. The participants will also receive a
workbook with session’s summaries and descriptions of activities.
Our instructional design specialists are experts in adult learning, including non-formal learning strategies that stimulate an active interactive amongst
participants. In addition to presentations, case study analysis, role playing and small group dialogue, this course incorporates technical visits to local
private and public institutions for an exploration of theory in practice and special guest presentations from professionals that prompt an exchange of
good practices and an introduction to new ones.
Evaluation and Validation
Course participants will receive a Certificate of active participation upon successful completion of the coursework. The competences acquired will be
validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility and a certificate of attendance, which will include title of course, main training content
and dates. This training course will follow a Non Formal methodology in every domain, in order to promote optimal interaction between participants
and trainers as well as between participants themselves.
Duration: Coursework: 40 hours (5 days) Orientation: 8 hours (1 day) Certification: 8 hours (1 day)
Languages of Instruction: English, Spanish, Catalan
Special instructions: Includes technical visits to local social entrepreneurship enterprises
Preliminary requirements: None
Dates and Location
On demand for groups of five or more participants and specified dates
Knowledge Building in Action
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS COURSE OR JOB SHADOWING, PLEASE CONTACT US.
Email us a note to info@KBinAction.com
Knowledge Building in Action
Meet & Greet at the El Prat Airport and transfer from the airport to the accommodations
Guided mini tour of Barcelona, including introduction to the public transportation system.
Orientation to the coursework, including Introduction of the conceptual and methodological
knowledge and methods of the training. The detailed course content will be agreed upon
before each session according to the needs and requests of the participants.
• Dissecting the Social Entrepreneurship domain
• Identify the potential and challenges of working in socially-useful sectors, and
develop an entrepreneurial mindset to approach problems from different angles
and from all sides
• Learn to facilitate, plan, conduct, document and evaluate innovative social
entrepreneurship processes with various target groups
• Technical visits to local social entrepreneurship enterprises and programmes